Put on your best Kool & the Gang garb and get ready for a little celebration (you know that they are cool because they spell cool with a "k").
This is a little something I'd like to call:
The Top 10 Reasons why I think Stacy Julian Rocks
10. She introduced me to the concept of happy colours.
9. She is the reason I make minibooks. And, boy, do I love me some minibooks. And so do my boys (and they thank you too, Stacy).
8, She is also the reason I let go of the mind-numbing feeling of "having" to scrapbook chronologically.
7. Without her, Simple Scrapbooks would not be what it is, and I would not be a part of a team made up of totally unique, creative, wonderful and inspiring women.
6. This book. They say don't judge a book by it's cover. To that I say, "Phsaw!" (you heard me, I said Pshaw!). You can totally judge this book by it's cover. And I love the cover. A lot.
5. I haven't have the pleasure of meeting Stacy in person (yet), but you can just FEEL her joie de vive (that's Joy of Life for any of you uneducated types who weren't forced to take french through grade 10). She inspires me to get up off my procrastinating butt and get stuff DONE!
4. I first heard of the book "Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life" on her blog. (get it. read it. and read it again. this book has a place of honour in my bedside table beside all of Brian Andreas' books, Stuart McLean's Vinyl Cafe books and the Chronicles of Narnia).
3. Her blog name is Altogether Too Happy. I want to surround myself with people that are altogether too happy. And that have brownies in their banners.
2. Though it saddens me that she won't be with Simple in an editorial role, I admire the fact that she is not complacent and is listening to her inner voice that tells her that she has other callings that need to be seen to.
1. Thank you Stacy, for being a visionary in this industry, for helping make Simple Scrapbooks what it is today, for inspiring me and so many others in so many ways.