We are having Jake's 10th birthday party today.
It's the cut off for big birthday parties and I'm not sure who is more regretful about this, him or me...
I love planning parties.
Figuring out the menu (pizza and ice cream cake - hey, what can I say, they are 10 year old boys)
Setting up the activities (paintball - hey, see above)
Trying to think of a cool "goody bag" worthy of their 10 year oldness but not loading up a sack of crap from the dollar store for their mother's to chuck in the garbage when they get home.
After much thought and collaboration, Jacob and I came up with this:
We burned a bunch of the must have tunes for the pre-teen set (mostly comprised of Weird Al Yankovic with a couple of rock songs thrown in for balance) onto cd's and made these covers in photoshop. We threw in a pack of gum and a small pack of Pokemon cards (he's mature, but he's still only 10) and called it a day.
My pretty fly friend (PSA: with the event of downloading probably too much of the Offspring onto my IPOD, I've been feeling quite compelled to work the phrase "pretty fly" into my conversation and even though this may seem like a gratuitous use of the phrase, she is indeed, pretty fly), Michele, tagged me with this:
This is how it works:
(1) The winner can put the logo on their blog.
(2) Link the person you received your award from.
(3) Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
(4) Put links of those on yours.
(5) Leave a message on the blogs of the girls or boys you’ve nominated
And the nominations are....
1. Dianne - whose enthusiasm, kindness and most excellent digital skills make me smile on a daily basis
2. Jen Sizemore - this lady oozes pure talent, everytime I see one of her projects I wish she lived closer so I could soak up some of her awesomeness. Oh! And she also introduced me to the term "Ink Thumping" (which I still think sounds kind of naughty)
3. Libby - more mad digital skills and now she is an amazing digital designer as well, and she is always there to answer any photoshop or teeth question I might have (she has mad teeth information skills too)
4. Karen - is super sweet, super talented and the teacher I wish my boys had the good fortune to learn from
5. Ramona - has a simple style I totally dig and I love her passion
6. Jennifer - whose sarcastic wit keeps me laughing daily (as does the exploits of her boys - three of them, which I totally am in awe of)
7. Candice - who I am so happy to have had the good fortune to meet on the interwebs through scrapbooking and Simple Scrapbooks and whose photography prowess makes my jaw drop regularly (and check out that banner she has up - fun stuff people!)
This is my 10 year old and his new hat.
We went school clothes shopping and all he wanted was a hoodie, a t-shirt and this hat.
I had to bite my tongue before I spit out the fact that my Grandpa's both used to sport fedoras not unlike his new lid.
He thinks he's utterly cool.
I kind of think so, too.