My American friends are celebrating their Thanksgiving soon. Here is a treasury dedicated to that.
Now to the zen.
I've been trying to do yoga sparingly lately. Mostly because my friends are going and I have just recently realized I am a person who doesn't want to miss out on stuff.
Yoga has also made me realize that contrary to what I may have believed about myself, I struggle with the zen.
I like to be alone, but I now see that being alone (with computer/book/tv/etc) is not true quiet time.
These are some of the things that I randomly thought in the five (which seemed like 50) minutes of Savasana (I will confess right now that I had to google that word - I knew it was an ess word, but obviously I wasn't listening to absorb the rest of the letters).
- how long can this possible go on
- my right foot is itchy
- so is my nose
- what if I accidentally farted right now
- if I did accidentally fart could I get away with blaming the girl next to me (which happened to be my good friend)
- how long can this possibly go on
- I think I hear the person next to me moving
- if I pretend I'm really relaxed and slightly open my left eye, I should be able to see her feet to see if she's moving
- she is moving!
- thank God that is over
If anyone has any tips on how to get through this without feeling like a 3 year old boy in the naughty chair, please share.